I’m not a huge sports fan but I admit that the scene in Chicago has been pretty exciting lately if you’re into that kind of thing.
And even though I admittedly could care less about the tenacious pursuit of a puck, ball, base or net, it’s hard not to enjoy watching grown men jumping around like twelve year old little league players celebrating victory to the tune of Kanye West.
Between the bars filled with World Cup aficionados and Blackhawks fans roaming the streets (literally) it’s been hard not feel just as psyched as the rest of the city when game day rolls around.
But staying true to myself, I don’t look forward to the thrill of the competition or anxiety over who will win or lose. I look forward to the snacks (and occasionally the adult beverages that accompany the snacks) that make every game a winner.
A few Sundays ago I had a few friends for dinner and even though we weren’t watching sports, we noshed on this while I finished cooking the rest of the meal.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup blue-cheese salad dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I used about 1 1lb. boiled chicken breasts)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese. Whisk in salad dressing, wing sauce and cheese until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Transfer to a heatproof container, and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Stir well.
- Serve with crackers or cut-up vegetables. For a party buffet table, keep this dip hot in a small crock pot or fondue pot.