Is there any hors d’oeuvre more universally crowd-pleasing than a caprese salad? Tomato, mozzarella and basil is a combination that any palate would be hard pressed not to enjoy.
Whether you’re planning an Italy-themed dinner party and want to pay homage to the red, white and green colors of the flag or you’re simply interested in any excuse to wrap cheese in produce and call it health food, these little skewers are full of flavor and easy to assemble.
- 18 large fresh basil leaves
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 18 small balls fresh mozzarella cheese (often labeled bocconcini)
- 18 3-4 inch bamboo skewers
- Place basil leaves on a serving plate. On each skewer, thread a cherry tomato and a piece of mozzarella and wrap each basil leaf around the skewer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and refrigerate, covered, until serving.