Coleslaw can be completely delicious, but it’s also really, really easy to ruin. Watery, vinegary, church potluck style coleslaw is probably the worst thing ever. I’m saying that and I’ve never even been to a church potluck.
While there are multiple ways to make coleslaw more palatable. Adding chipotle mayonnaise to anything will make it better and this side dish has a spicy kick, while the corn adds surprising texture to the crunchy slaw.
The reason you see it pictured in a tiny tiny bowl? Because that was all that was left after serving it at a party. Pair it with burgers, pair it with simple grilled chicken or pair it with taco night. Either way, it will take whatever is on your plate to the next level and you’ll forget that you ever swore off coleslaw.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- ¾ cup whole kernel corn, thawed if frozen
- ¾ cup chopped red sweet pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, adobo sauce, lime juice, honey, cumin, and chipotle chile pepper.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, corn, sweet pepper, onion, and cilantro. Pour mayonnaise mixture over cabbage mixture. Toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately or cover and chill at least one hour, up to 24 hours.