Garlicky Black Pepper Salmon is served on top of a bed of rice noodles in a homemade Teriyaki sauce for the perfect quick weeknight dinner.
When Brad and I moved in together I knew that a lot of things would change after nine years of living alone. No more leaving bras on the kitchen table, no more hitting snooze seven times in the morning and it’s only a matter of time before I’ll need to retire my pink, floral throw pillows. I also knew that cohabitation would be a great excuse to step up my dinner game.
Now, I’ve long said that there is no reason someone should subsist on fast food simply because they live alone or are cooking for one, and I firmly believe in that. Even so, there are some real benefits to cooking for more than one person: there’s someone to eat your leftovers, you can try new recipes and get another person’s honest feedback, and also, it’s really nice to have a live in dinner buddy who happens to be your significant other.
Neither Brad nor I are necessarily what you’d call picky eaters, but I’m very particular about quality seafood and he prefers shellfish over white fish. Though we have some different tastes, we both agree that we love salmon, so I couldn’t resist trying Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® seafood is no mess, and no fuss — pure perfection for a weeknight dinner, especially during the busy holiday season when it’s so hard to stay on track with a healthy diet. The premium Salmon and Tilapia options come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes.
High in protein and richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients, Bumble Bee SuperFresh® smells and tastes simply fresh. Because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish. And the frozen fish has stayed that way from harvest to your oven unlike most of the “fresh” fish you find at the seafood counter. That means it is fresh tasting, and fresh smelling.
We love the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it’s so versatile, you can serve it over pasta, alongside steamed veggies and a fresh garden salad or in your favorite cuisine. Recently I read online how easy it is to make your own teriyaki sauce so I decided to give it a try and make these rice noodles topped with salmon.
The Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon cooks in about 22 minutes — you simply remove the salmon from their plastic wrapping, tuck them into their parchment paper pouches and let the oven do the rest while you make the teriyaki sauce while the rice noodles boil. The whole thing comes together in less than 30 minutes, so this is a great way to make a quick dinner for two in between holiday parties and events.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil filets
- 8 ounces dry rice noodles
- Black and/or white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place salmon filets in parchment paper pouches according to package directions and place in the oven to bake.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the soy sauce, mirin, and sugar and simmer on a low heat, stirring intermittently, until sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drained and toss with the soy sauce mixture, then divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Arrange one piece of salmon on top of the rice noodles and top with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Serve immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.