Just when you thought we were done here with apples, I have a cheddar and apple spinach salad.
We all have nights where OMG we just don’t feel like cooking.
Some of you might not like cooking in the first place, but you’re here because you think I’m charming, or good looking, or because you’re related to me.
For nights when turning on the oven is the last thing you want to do but you can’t stand the idea of a sandwich, throw together a quick spinach salad.
Spinach is packed with iron and vitamin A, along with beta-carotene to help protect your night vision.
The antioxidants found in spinach are said to help prevent tissue and cellular damage in the body. Spinach is probably one of the more popular leafy greens next to lettuce.
I like a good bowl of mixed baby greens as much as the next girl, but to know you’re eating something with great health benefits rather than just, well, nothing, is a good feeling.
I had just been to the grocery store, so I played “empty the fridge” into this salad even though while I was shopping, I did have it in the back of my mind.
- 2-3 cups baby spinach (can use more if you like a hearty salad)
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple (chopped, with skin)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white beans (I used cannellini)
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, sliced into chunks
- Drizzle with dressing of your choice (optional)
- Toss ingredients together on a plate and top with dressing. Serve alongside a bowl of butternut squash or winter vegetable soup or with crusty 7-grain bread for a hearty dinner, or by itself for a tasty yet virtuous lunch.